ONE Fermentary & Taproom is a premium beverage destination in Minneapolis’ North Loop neighborhood. We craft small batch beers with a focus on unique fermentation processes and vessels. We serve our intriguing ales and lagers alongside a carefully curated selection of wines, craft cocktails, guest beers, and other interesting fermented beverages.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are woven into the fabric of ONE. We aim to create a workplace that reflects the community that we hope to serve. We want to empower our employees to feel comfortable expressing their authentic selves. We believe our diversity will fuel innovation and will bring us closer to a wider community.
All full-time positions at ONE offer competitive salary and benefit packages.
The Brewer position is a regular full-time, hourly, skilled position responsible for daily production of craft beer. Daily production of craft beer includes both hot and cold-side responsibilities as well as a solid knowledge of beer packaging. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills, knowledge and experience.
The functions of a Brewer will be performed under little or no supervision in a timely manner and with an eye on quality. It is also assumed that people in this position possesses both technical and safety training pertinent to the craft brewing industry. Lastly, a person in this position must be committed to systematic and solution-oriented problems solving during day-to-day operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, operating brew house, wort transfers, yeast pitching, fermentation monitoring, general cleaning, beer tasting.
- Produces quality wort according to SOP’s including, but not limited to, target gravity, IBU, color and volume.
- Ultimately responsible for brewhouse, malt room, silo area, cooler, brewery office cleanliness and organization.
- Expected to be trained on and operate forklifts and other operating equipment as directed.
Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
- Comfortable locating and interpreting chemical MSD sheets for our various in-house chemicals
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery which may require long shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment. Communicates all pertinent batch related information at shift changeover.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with laws, regulations, and accepted business ethics. Including wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor.
- With sufficient notice from department managers, assist in the loading and unloading delivery and events trucks
- Occasionally work craft beer-related community events
- Responsible to ensure accurate brewhouse inventory is kept on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The areas of inventory include but are not limited to: raw materials, packaging materials, PPE, chemicals, spare parts, wear parts, industrial consumables, and peripheral brewing equipment such as hydrometers or hemocytometers
- Responsible to lead by example and keep lines of communication open, honest and transparent
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times and keeping up to date on new policy changes
- Solid understanding of brewing and cellaring processes along with an understanding of CIP, sanitation, and sterilization techniques.
- Ability to accurately follow SOP’s and understanding of specific beer process terminologies.
Mechanical Understanding—the individual easily understands how things work and can quickly troubleshoot mechanisms that need repair or adjustment.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to jobs@fermentary.ONE